Went with Freakshow poster idea as i felt it combined all elements from each idea of the 1950s illustration to Witches and practising my painting. Also was a fresh idea that was different, instead of continuing an earlier project.
I chose Talonmour Kaens to experiment style with. I used gouache for how versatile it is and unable to use oil paint due to not having good ventilation at all times. I kept colour swatches in my sketchbook of everything i used. I even had a little look into using oil pastels but due to my usual undeveloped skill in that medium i decided it was best to stick to what i know right now. I decided to use green as the main colour for Kaens right now as i was feeling drawn to it, and it made sense with their connection to snakes. I didnt want to explore their skin pattern like scales due to not everyone else having that detail. I wanted to explore styles that worked for every poster for consistency, rest of the personal details can be added later for the actual poster. I painted the green background first to create a colour tone underneath her skin to build up on top. I wanted this paint style to be slightly patchy in different tones but...
Panorama of all finished posters lined up together in order. Beginning from right to left to show the process of colourful, eye catching posters to the darker, less detailed. I may swap Gazelle and Luna around as i feel the pink tones between Kaens, Gazelle and Creature need to be broken up, additionally to even out the plain backgrounds to the more detailed one shared between Kaens and Gazelle. Other than that i think it is all quite balanced in colour and the shapes. I repeated the use of shapes to show a connection between the lighter side to the darker. This was also used through colours as i repeated the same colours but made them darker, such as Etoloracs sky blue to Kaens dark blue that begins to invade the orange poster to convey how the posters are changing to reveal the deceit. Between each poster i will place arrows to help direct people in the right direction, also encouraging them to follow more. I will use cardboard and chose the firs...
I drew out my new sketch with plans to where the writing will go, the usual space above and below for the circus name. Over the process of making these posters i have learned to remember to rub out my drawings to lighten the pencil lines before painting over. However, i think i should try to draw lighter in the first place to skip this step. I painted the background a strong shade of pink and matched it with a royal blue as i felt the colour was similar to the blue used in Kaens poster as well as compliments the lighter pink shade in comparison. I have drawn the line inside the bowl, to indicate the bottom of it, wrong. However, this wasnt important as the bowls will be filled with blood, covering the line up. I needed a small background detail similar to the ones used in Cadeys, Kaens and Gazelles poster. I decided to keep it subtle like the others to used red to match the blood that will be in the bowls as well as not stand out too much from...
Comments
Post a Comment